Sports Interlocking Mats: Uses and Application
Sports interlocking mats are lightweight, soft, and comfortable mats that are extensively used in a myriad of activities, including sports, gym, yoga, etc. They are used to create a soft and safe floor in no time. Since they are interlocking mats, they can easily be dismantled and stored or transported from one place to another without any hassles.
What are Sports Interlocking Mats made from?
Interlocking mats are mostly made from EVA or Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, PE or Polythene, and TPE or Thermoplastic Elastomer. However, EVA is preferred in the production of these mats as they can cater to wide areas of usage. They are created with an interlocking edge pattern and easily fit in each other when you make a floor area with them. They are manufactured in different types of colours, adding aesthetic value to the area where it is placed.
Features of Sports Interlocking Mats
- Light in weight
- Comfortable and soft surface
- Easy maintenance
- Easily absorbs impact and prevents injury
- Anti-slip and offers good grip to individuals performing/practising sports
- Can be recycled
Benefits of Sports Interlocking Mats
Some benefits of sports interlocking mats for sports, gym or home use are mentioned below:
- The main benefit of interlocking mats is that they help in preventing injury. Sports like martial arts or karate are combat sports where falling is inevitable. Hence, having the floor lined with soft mats ensure that the participants don’t sustain injuries when they fall.
- EVA is an extremely soft material that is both comfortable and durable. Interlocking mats are like an affordable investment that will last you for a long time.
- Moving house or changing the location of practice for the sports in the gym is no problem at all because sports interlocking mats are easy to dismantle, easy to transport as they are lightweight, and easy to assemble back once again.
- The interlocking edges of these mats provide a seamless continuous surface so the area of practice can be increased or decreased as required.
- The mat comes in different density and thicknesses, making them apt for a variety of sports. For instance, Grappling requires a soft surface so it can offer a better grip, while Kabaddi players need a little hard surface so they can move swiftly when playing. Sports interlocking mats are manufactured according to the parameters required by a specific sport.
- Another reason why gyms and health centers use sports interlocking mats is that these mats offer protection to the floor having tiles or marble. The mats also work as noise absorbers when the gyms are on upper floors, and these mats have the ability to decrease vibration when something heavy falls on them.
Area of Application
- Commercial or home gyms and fitness centres
- Sports like kabaddi, kho-kho, grappling, all forms of martial arts, karate, jiu-jitsu and similar sports
- Dance and/or Aerobics centre
- Pilates and/or yoga centres
Where to Purchase Sports Interlocking Mats?
At Grip Sports, we offer sports interlocking mats for all types of sports. Every mat is custom-created specifically for the sport. Contact us to learn more about the mats.